Thoughts at 2:50 in the morning
Every article you read and source of advice you seek all seem to be pointing toward one thing: change your life. I know I’ve preached this a dozen times over, but something really important that everyone is forgetting to mention is that change will not happen in one swift movement from a day to the next. Change happens in the smallest ways. Baby steps.
We want to be healthy, in happy relationships, pursuing dream careers, etc. But all the advice in the world won’t help if you still feel stuck. If you are depressed or miserable or seeking advice, the smallest change is what will do the trick. And you’ll probably be shocked at what follows. If you want to start working out, walking outside for 10 minutes this afternoon is where you start. When things are too daunting, you won’t do them. If you want to eat better, today…
View original post 183 more words
This reblog is necessary.
1. Think about your favorite memory from when you were a kid, and ask someone else who knew you at that time — whether family or friends — to tell you about what you were like when you were little.
2. Make yourself a hot chocolate with special flavors and spices, like white chocolate raspberry or milk chocolate cinnamon.
3. Write an actual list of all your favorite things about your everyday life, from the neighborhood your apartment it is in to the dogs people leave tied up outside your favorite coffee shop that you can pet if their owners say it’s okay.
4. Put on a YouTube video of yoga for beginners and give it a try. If nothing else, enjoy being calm and just focusing on breathing and stretching for a few minutes.
5. Get yourself all dressed up and styled nicely to go on a basic errand…
View original post 742 more words